Saturday, January 30, 2010

The Return of Hope (?????!!!!!!)

 
Smexy

So I think the consensus is that anyone who isn't a progressive or a conservative kind of likes Obama again? The State of the Union was very well done, and I so enjoyed the snark. Please snark forever, Mr. President, it was wonderful. I thought that the tone was a little odd--it didn't feel like he was speaking to us, but to Congress, and the American people were secretly watching. In fact, he barely addressed the public directly, which was surprising. 

I never thought that Obama was going to wave a magic wand and make everything better. And it's not like I haven't been disappointed with him or his choices. But this SOTU was particularly brilliant--he acknowledged that he had made some mistakes but firmly distanced himself from the gridlock that is our current government. Well played. And, while I haven't been able to watch the whole thing yet, the House Republicans invited the President to speak at their retreat yesterday. The speech and Q&A session are supposed to be awesome. Please bring your A-game forever, Mr. President.

Oh, and also, this is obligatory:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment