Sunday, January 17, 2010

Ciao tutti!

I am now Time's Person of the Year 2006! I have joined the ranks of the many who have personal blogs.

The title, "Ceci e Patitine" is a bit of a pun: Ceci is the Italian word for chick pea. In Italian, my name (Cecilia) is pronounced "Chechilia" with a soft "ch." My nickname, naturally, is Ceci, but in Italian it sounds like "chechi," or chick pea. When I introduce myself as Ceci a lot of Italians get really confused. Why would anyone name their kid "chick pea"?

The title was inspired by a delicious chick pea and potato soup I had at Osteria dell'Orso in Bologna. That's where I am right now, but I'll most likely keep the blog up long after I'm gone. I probably won't put pictures up of Bologna because my Internet connection is kind of terrible. Alas.

Ci vediamo! (See you soon!)

No comments:

Post a Comment